An easy and chemical free way to clean silver wire is to use aluminum foil, baking soda, salt and hot water.
1. Line a heat resistant pan or deep baking dish with aluminum foil, shiny side up.
2. Boil a gallon or so of hot water and add a table spoon each of salt and baking soda.
3. Pour the mixture into your foil lined pan and put your silver wire in, to soak.
4. Make sure the silver wire is lying on or touching the aluminum foil for this to work.
5. Remove the wire from the dish, run under tap water and give a light buff with paper towel.
While I’d like to say it took only seconds and that the wire came out ‘perfectly clean’… truth is, depending on how tarnished your wire is, this might take up to 10 minutes of soaking time and for best results on some deep tarnish, it might take repeating the process after the toughest layers are removed. Provided you have patience to do this, it works quite well! See images below….
The ultimate way to clean wire, beaded jewelry, is with a Sunshine Cloth, which can be purchased at The Crazy Merchant, Inc. They are safe for most metals and stones, easy to use and very inexpensive.
Keep your beautiful jewelry looking gorgeous with these easy tips!